Dr. Toni Marchand DC | December 8, 2023
Looking for an easy and budget friendly recipe to make christmas ornaments with your kiddos? This is a recipe and activity I did with my family while growing up! I’ve continued the tradition as an adult and it’s not only nostalgic and fun, but keeps your house smelling great through the whole holiday season! This is a recipe your kids can be a part of, making it the perfect family craft for the Christmas season! Check out the details below.
What you will need:
- Applesauce ¾ cup
- Ground cinnamon about 2 bottles, 2.37 ounces each
- Drinking Straw (anything to make a small hole to add string to the ornament)
- Christmas Cookie Cutters
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Mix applesauce and cinnamon together in a bowl until a smooth ball of dough is formed. Using about ¼ of the dough at a time, roll dough to ¼ inch to ⅓ inch thickness between two sheets of plastic wrap. Peel off the top sheet of plastic wrap and cut dough into desired shapes with 2 to 3 inch cookie cutters. Make a hole at the top of the ornament with drinking straw or whatever you have available. Place ornaments on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 2 ½ hours. Cool ornaments on a wire rack. (Or dry ornaments at room temperature, place them on a wire rack. Let stand 1 to 2 days or until thoroughly dry, flipping occasionally.)
- Insert ribbon through holes and tie to hang.
The best part is there are only two ingredients; cinnamon and applesauce– so it’s easy to play around with how much you want to make at a time!
Enjoy and have a great holiday season! -Dr. Toni